The aims of Essex CVS association (ECVS) are:
- To agree upon and present a collective county-wide CVS voice to relevant stakeholders
- To co-operate in strengthening the voluntary sector of Essex as a whole
- To promote the value of the work of CVS in the county of Essex
- To explore and progress opportunities where CVS can work collaboratively
- To communicate ideas and information amongst each other
- To share values, information and best practice with each other
- To provide peer-support to each other.
You can download the terms of reference of ECVS here.
ECVS is committed to equality of opportunity, participation, co-operation and involvement and seeks to:
- Encourage its members to collaborate with each other where possible, rather than compete, and to explore areas and ways of working where duplication can be minimised/avoided
- Apply the principle of subsidiarity where possible; ECVS role is to enable infrastructure service provision through its members or other stakeholders, rather than ECVS being the direct service provider
- When necessary, and with the agreement of ECVS members, individual CVSs may host projects for the benefit of ECVS members or the wider VCS in Essex
- Share responsibility across its membership for ECVS activities
- Promote, implement, and uphold the principles of the local and Essex Compact and supporting Codes.